A Trail Journey
Eighteen years ago, I knew absolutely nothing about hiking. Today I enjoy sharing my passion for hiking and the outdoors. Whether you are a novice or an experienced hiker, I invite you to step onto the trail with us and discover what the power of nature can do for you.
- Research suggests outdoor exercise has even more beneficial effect than indoor exercise.
- Reduce stress; cultivate a sense of calm and inner peace.
- Build self-confidence, a positive attitude and a sense of achievement.
- Feel a sense of connectedness, meaning and purpose.
- Catch a glimpse of nature's splendor, awaken your senses and feel the wonder of the trail.
I made a promise..."
My journey began in 1999 as a way to reconnect with my troubled teen. One week - just one week on the Appalachian Trail. The power of hiking - coexisting in nature and listening to my heart. Feel the intensity - exposed, raw and pure. Feel the wonder - tranquil, comforting and healing. Feel the power of nature - incredibly transformative.
Hike the entire AppalachianTrail...
Over the last eighteen years I have been winding my way from the southern terminus at Springer Mountain, Georgia, to the Trail’s northern terminus at Katahdin, Maine. I am a section hiker, someone who pieces the entire trail together over years, all 2,180 miles of it.
Hikers adopt trail names; mine is Gypsy Toes. My Aunt Helen was a world traveler; she always wanted me to have "gypsy toes" to see the world...
My gypsy toes have carried me over roots and rocks, up steep ascents, and to the tops of magnificent mountains. (FYI...don't let the duct tape scare you off...it works wonders as a blister preventative!)
Tents and shelters and inns... Oh my...
My hiking styles have evolved over the years. I carry a full pack and sleep in tents or shelters along the trail. I also travel lightly with just a daypack and spend nights off the trail in cozy inns, enjoying the luxury of a bed and a shower. I like the variations. I think you will too.
Been there hiked that...
Georgia • North Carolina • Tennessee • Virginia • West Virginia • Maryland • Pennsylvania • New Jersey • New York • Connecticut • Massachusetts • Vermont • New Hampshire • The beginning and middle of Maine
I will finish the trail. I will climb Mt. Katahdin, the final mountain. I will celebrate my victory.
- Limited to 4 guests
- 3-night minimum
- All meals
- Group first aide and cooking equipment, plus group water purification system
- We'll help you select a section of the trail to hike.
- You choose to sleep under the stars in a tent or enjoy lodging with all the comforts of home or even a combination of both.
- We'll teach you all the outdoor skills you need to feel comfortable in the outdoors.
- Fitness training in person or detailed fitness program to be "trail ready" is available at an additional cost if required.
- Ground transportation to offsite locations
- Co-design and "Make it YOUR Way" with optional upgrades
- Clothing and gear list will be provided - rental options are available.
- Post Journey Wellness Support
- Transportation to the Journey, personal keepsakes, tips, activities booked in addition to our itinerary, and alcohol beverages outside of our Journey offerings will be additional expenses.