What is sound therapy?
Tibetan and crystal bowls are placed all around the body, head and on the charkras(energy centers). The singing bowls are 'struck and sung' in specific rhythmic patterns to create vibrational sound harmonics. When sound waves of the crystal bowls interact with the body, sympathetic vibrations occur that entrain the brain waves into a state of deep relaxation and expanded consciousness. These vibrations resonate on the deepest level of our being tuning the entire body into a state of balance.
What are the benefits?
- Relief from pain and stress-related conditions
- A deep sense of tranquility
- Improved sleep quality, memory, clarity and vitality
- An excellent tool for those who are beginning meditation practices
**As western medicine continues to explore alternative methods of healing, sound therapy is destined to play an important role as an accepted and valued practice. Sound has been recently shown to play an effective role in the healing process for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
What are sessions like?
30 or 60-Minute Private Sessions
- Clients will remain fully clothed on a mat on the floor or on a massage table.
- A series of sound treatments will be performed, each moving different energies and having a cumulative effect of deep relaxation and stillness.
2-Hour Group Event
- Scheduled group events TBD.
- Participants lie on yoga mats on the floor.
- Bowls will be placed and played around the room to produce a deep resonance which can have a calming effect on the mind.
- During this time, each client will have the opportunity to receive a ten minute sound massage geared toward relaxing tense muscles. While remaining in the room with the other participants, the bowls will be placed on different areas of the client's body to bring energy and vibration to where it is needed.
- Participants do not need to stay for the entire event, however everyone benefits from the sounds resonated throughout the room.
- Many participants enjoy this time to relax and enjoy a deeper meditative state.
Pricing, per person
30/60 min private session | $40/$75
Expiration (2 mo) from date of purchase.
2-hour Group Event: $30